Convert visitors to customers with:
A homepage tailored to your target audience
Strong messaging and calls to action
Specialist Squarespace design tricks to make your site stand out
Stunning images that build a connection with your brand
Search engine optimised content and design
Beautiful, effective, inexpensive website design
“Cat is a breathe of fresh air. I struggled for years with two brands, two logos and no centralized home. I was not using the proper platform. Working with a branding company that steered me awry, I was referred to Cat, whose expertise transcends Squarespace and delves deep into the branding arena. Cat helped me deliver a clear crisp message on my offerings and created a website that is warm, inviting and professional. I couldn't be happier and feel like Cat was an angel dropped from the sky as I struggled for months with others to get a final product that I was happy with.”
“Cat is great to work with, very helpful and flexible and happy to develop to a brief.“
- Martin Anderson, Anderson Property Communications
“I would highly recommend Cat Wood, she built my website with enthusiasm, speed and efficiency and worked hard to accommodate all the specific details that I needed. As a squarespace specialist she know's how to get around any of the trickier parts of building a site to tailor it to your unique business needs. She was also brilliant at optimising it for mobile use which is key these days! If you're keen to use squarespace and want your website to look professional and be functional, striking and easy to use, Cat Wood would be an excellent person to build your website.”
- Lucy Jessop, Food Writer & Stylist
“Cat is a pleasure to work with, efficient, professional and personable. Most of all she produces beautiful websites with great copy. She is the type of professional you recommend to your friends and colleagues and will use again every time you need a gorgeous website”
- Sam van Rood, Wikivillage
“Cat was great to work with - prompt, attentive and efficient. She listened carefully to what we needed, had creative suggestions, responded positively to our feedback and delivered a great looking website!”
- Richard McCallum, Centre for Muslim Christian Studies
“Cat is fantastic to work with. She incorporated my thoughts and ideas, and gave excellent advice. The result is a really striking and effective website which is easy to update. Lots of new clients as a result.”
Jane Pendry, Sense Ability
“I previously had a website with another company who went bust so needed a new site built quickly, within a very short period time I had a new and even better up to date site ready and hosted. Cat is very professional and listened to my requirements, she also went above and beyond to help me.”
- Simon Mullord, Abingdon Carpentry
“I can't recommend Cat too highly - she took a rather weary website and transformed it into something which is really accessible and informative. She took so much trouble to understand what my work was about and to think about who might be using it and for what purposes. Her thoughtful and incisive understanding of the issues was very reassuring and rigorous. I'm delighted!"
- Marie Bradley, Marie Bradley Psychoanalytic Psychotherapist
“Cat has a fantastic clarity of vision when it comes to brand development. Even I, with many years’ experience in digital marketing, could not have done without her assessment of my website. She was able to clearly articulate what should go where for the greatest impact, and how this all related to the bigger picture of what I am trying to achieve with Olive & Reid Studio. I’m grateful not only for her strategic guidance, but also for the passion she has for my success. I know she brings this passion to all of her clients’ work. Lucky clients!"
- Kate Watson, Olive & Reid Studio
“I have been working with Cat for four years. She is very knowledgeable and nothing is too difficult for her. She is also very professional as well as supportive and friendly. I can't recommend her enough! I love the way she writes. She makes it sound as if it were me talking!"
- Angela Bunt, Angela Bunt Creative
Over the last 20 years I've served time as a designer, writer and strategist for many websites, including Amazon and eBay. My small business sites:
- inspire instant confidence and trust.
- are designed around your audience so they see at a glance the personal benefit of doing business with you.
- meet your goals, be they lead generation, direct selling, collecting donations or rallying people to take an action unique to you.
- communicate — in words, pictures and experience — what is truly special about your business and what it brings to the world.
- tell the whole story, from why you began to how you deliver your services and care for your customers.
You may be small, but your website doesn't have to be. I've developed complex information architectures and e-commerce websites and I can help you achieve a professionally-designed logo and visual identity for your brand.
How Much Does it Cost?
- I charge between £900 and £1500 to build a complete small business brochure website, depending on the amount of copywriting, editing, designing and branding work you need.
- Taking an existing site under 8 pages and converting it directly to Squarespace costs £800.
- You pay annual site and hosting fees to Squarespace, plus domain and email costs (if you purchase them from Squarespace). Here's a breakdown of Squarespace costs.
- Help with setting up a Squarespace account, choosing a domain and setting up email accounts within Squarespace if you need to.
- Initial meeting to discuss your business, brand and goals.
- Designing and building the website, including page design, image procurement, copywriting, setting up e-commerce and other services, and editing as agreed.
- Getting the site live on your domain.
- Squarespace fees are managed by you. There's no regular payment agreement with me (unless you really want one).
What is Squarespace?
Squarespace is a website builder service that provides cloud-based website management, hosting, updates, domains, and email, all for one annual cost. Squarespace allows me to build you a low-cost, manageable website that makes your business look beautiful.
To be blown away by its beauty and to find out more, visit the Squarespace website.